making pumpkin noodles

| | 1 comments







Cooking with children.

The first time I let my daughter bake with me, I didn't anticipate how much longer it would take than usual before we enjoyed the first bite. I also didn't realize the mess that would be left. Admittedly I had the end goal at the front of my mind rather than the journey.

A couple years later, we have made countless meals together. It has become natural for her to be at my side while cooking and baking, making her messes, tasting every ingredient, asking questions, and making suggestions (the more absurd the better). Now as I am preparing menus and meals, I consciously think of ways her little hands can help.

Though our meals aren't always the most beautiful, they are ours.

pumpkin noodle dough

2 cups all purpose flour
pinch of salt
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 eggs

Combine flour and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour, add the eggs and pumpkin puree.

Mix with a wooden spoon or your hands until combined. Turn onto a floured surface, kneading until smooth. Add flour as necessary.

Let sit 10 to 20 minutes before rolling out to use in soups, pastas, etc.

1 comments:

Follow by Email

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

 
Twitter Facebook Pinterest Google+ Instagram BlogLovin Contact Me RSS